Creamy Cucumber Soup
This is a refreshing, raw soup with a savory flavor. I served it up with sprouted bread topped with hummus. This recipe makes quite a bit…3-4 cups (full blender)…so if it’s just you, you might want to cut it in half. I found this on Gone Raw…here is another version of cucumber soup to try as well.
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup of freshly juiced celery juice
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup olive oil (since there was already an avocado in it, I just used a splash)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon Nama Shoyu (or soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon Apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar or yacon syrup
- 1 tablespoon mesquite powder, optional
- Celtic sea salt, to taste
- chives, chopped for topping
Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. Top with with scallions, cilantro, tomatoes, sprouts, and/or more avocado….yum yum!