Green Smoothie Testamonials
The Green Smoothie Challenge results are in…and it was amazing and life changing! Here are some of the testimonials I received from those of you who participated…feel free to use the comment section of this post to share your own testimonial. How has drinking green smoothies affected your other eating habits? Did anyone else join you in your endeavor? Do share! For continued green smoothie support/ideas…check out the board here.
We did the challenge as a family. Here’s what we noticed:
At the end of January, I decided to finally go vegetarian and to cut out dairy. I started green smoothies about two weeks later so my observations must fairly be based on both of those changes.
· I lost 14 pounds.
· Despite losing weight, my milk production definitely increased.
· My toddler happily slurps approximately a pint of green smoothie every day.
· My elimination, which has been really erratic since my children were born, is completely healthy and normal now.
· My skin glows and is completely clear.
· My husband’s dark eye circles are much lighter and his allergies (environmental) haven’t been bothering him.
· My husband reports more energy during his work day without having to rely on caffeine.
· Everyone around us is getting bad colds and flus and we are healthy. Only the baby had the sniffles for a couple of days but it never got worse than that and went away quickly.
· I don’t need nearly as much food to satisfy me as I used to and my cravings for “bad” food are gone. I don’t even think in terms of bad or good anymore. There’s food (whole plant food) and not-food (animal products, packaged junk food, paper, dirt, etc) I would no sooner eat a hamburger than I would a shoe.
· For me, it was the perfect jump start to being “successfully raw”, to take a page from Karen Knowler. For me and my family, that’s around 75% raw.
I just feel so good. I can’t thank you enough for being the impetus to finally DO this. I turn 30 next week and I am so excited to be moving into my best health ever. How’s that? All blessedly true!
We have been doing the smoothie challenge for about a month now. I
have to say that this is the best thing we have ever done for our
family. I notice a big difference if I have missed a day or two. I
think in the past month, I have only broken out with ONE pimple, and
that was stress-induced (the in-laws were flying in). Thank you for
introducing the Green Smoothie to our family. Your blogs and pictures
are always so inspiring. I consider you a friend, and I’ve never even
met you! Hopefully one day our paths will cross. Take care, and God
bless you and your family!
Has it been 30 days already? I just wanted to thank you for getting me started on green smoothies. I had a rough start (some major detox going on), but this is a habit I plan on keeping. I am AMAZED at how my sugar cravings are kept at bay just by having a green smoothie for breakfast. I strive to eat raw until dinner…some days I do it, some days I don’t, but all in all, the green smoothie at the beginning of my day sets me on a healthier path for the rest of the day.
A few benefits I’ve noticed…
1)f ewer sugar cravings
2) my hair looks much healthier
3) I don’t feel bloated or have digestive issues, and perhaps the most rewarding
4) my husband and my baby are on a green smoothie kick too! We still can’t get our toddler on board, although every now and then he’ll drink a little bit of a “pink green smoothie”.
Anyhow, thanks again for helping my family to start a healthy new habit! I am now exploring more raw foods and, while I’m not yet ready to go 100% raw, I definitely am ready to start incorporating more raw foods into my diet!
Entry filed under: Uncategorized.