Raw Caesar Dressing
This is Matt’s current favorite dressing…it has amazing flavor and when paired with super crisp romaine, it’s so satisfying!
“Living on Live Food” by Alissa Cohen:
3/4 cup pine nuts
1 T flax or olive oil
1 1/2 t sea salt (preferably Himalayan Pink Sea Salt)
1/3 cup olive oil
1 date, pitted and soaked or 1 T agave nectar
1 large clove garlic
2 1/2 T lemon juice (1 large lemon juiced)
2 T water
1/2 T white miso
Sea salt/lemon as needed to taste
1. In a food processor, blend/pulse the pine nuts, 1 T oil, and sea salt until grainy. Do not over blend.
2. Remove from processor and place in small bowl.
3. In a blender, combine 1/3 c olive oil, miso, date/agave, garlic, lemon juice and water and blend until smooth.
4. Remove this mixture and place in the same bowl as the pine nut mixture.
5. Mix well by hand.
6. Serve over a generous portion of crisp romaine lettuce. Add your favorite salad “fixins” 🙂 It helps to put a plate over your salad bowl and vigorously shake it to spread the dressing around. It’s a thick dressing, and needs a little help coating the salad leaves.
Note: It’s important NOT to “cream” the pine nuts with the other liquid mixture, as you want them to retain a grainy texture. This is what will give it a cheesy taste. If the dressing needs more “bite” add more lemon juice and sea salt.
Entry filed under: Uncategorized. Tags: .