Homemade Pizza Night
Tonight we made supper for our small group and we decided to make homemade pizza. We don’t normally make a lot of pizza…I don’t think I’ve made it for 2 years! But tonight was a special night. Bella and I made the dough in the bread machine during the day, and then assembled the pizzas right before everyone arrived. The crust was soooooo tasty, that I just had to share the recipe. It’s super easy to make pizza dough in a bread machine, just set it to “dough” and you’re good to go. Our machine takes 90 minutes for the dough cycle.
* 2 teaspoons dried granulated yeast
* 3 cups bread flour
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 2 tablespoons sugar
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 cup water, plus 2 tablespoons water (warm / 80 deg)
After I pulled it out of the machine, I put it in a bowl greased with olive oil and covered it with a wet towel. This kept it moist for a couple of hours until we were ready to make them.
Our toppings were pretty simple…just sauce, mushrooms, and cheese. Well, rice cheese. I’ve gone dairy free again (and feel soooo much better), so I picked up some rice cheese yesterday with the hopes that it would melt a little and remind me of the oooey gooey mucous-forming cow’s cheese that I’ve grown to love. I was pleasantly surprised…it did melt quite well and tasted really good! Yay. Don’t worry, I didn’t subject our small group to the rice cheese. I even added pepperoni to their pizza 🙂 We made some romaine salad with homemade balsamic dressing and it was a perfect meal.
- My favorite homemade pizza topping combination is artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, fresh basil, and feta.
- The best vegan pizza I’ve ever had at a restaurant was in Boulder, CO at Playgrounds Cafe. It consisted of roasted yams, roasted red peppers, tofu, pesto, and tomatoes. Yum!
- My favorite frozen pizza is Amy’s Roasted Vegetable No Cheese Pizza: shitake mushrooms, roasted red peppers, sweet caramelized onions, and marinated artichoke hearts. So, so, so good.
- I sent Matt on a mission to find me a bread machine awhile back, and he brought home a really nice one for $6.00. Thank you thrift store!
Entry filed under: Pizza.