Ladies and Gentlemen…Start Your Blenders!!
Today is the big day! Do you have your fruit? Your greens? Your motivation? I’ve been getting emails all week from people who started a little early for practice and they are losing weight and feeling amazing! I know this is going to be a great month!
Here are a few last minute tips to help keep you on track:
- If you miss a day…don’t sweat it! Just drink a little more the next day and move on. Or, if you miss your smoothie in the morning, have it for lunch or dinner. A green smoothie is a meal in itself…if you don’t feel full enough, just drink more!
- Be gentle on yourself…this challenge is about “jump starting” your habits and it will hopefully add up to a life long change. Don’t worry so much about getting it all right, as you do about changing your mindset about food/exercise.
- Read blogs and inspiring books during the 30 days…I guarantee it will help you stay on track! When you’re reading about others drinking their green smoothies and exercising and cutting out sugar…it’s makes it harder to drive through McDonald’s 🙂 If you are documenting your journey through the 30 days on your blog, be sure to post a link to it in the comments!
- If you don’t feel like you’re ready to commit to the entire set of “rules” for the challenge…don’t leave quite yet! Even if you just add the smoothie to your day and do nothing else, you will still see changes!
- At last count, we were up to 174 people participating in the challenge on Facebook…let’s go for 200! Tell your friends, your co-workers, your family…get them on board with you. Everyone will benefit from a green smoothie a day…you never know how you might change their life!!
- If you’re feeling like you want to kick it up one more notch, try going about 80% raw for one week of the challenge. What does that look like? Do your smoothie for breakfast, a big salad for lunch, snack on fruits, veggies, nuts, and seeds throughout the day, and then have a healthy vegan dinner. If you want to see what my day looks like, check out my food journal, Raw Delight.
- You can also try “raw til noon”…this is especially good for those who need to prepare meals at night for others, but want to eat healthy throughout the day. Just do your smoothie for breakfast, the salad for lunch and then do your normal thing at night.
Can’t wait to hear your stories! Let the challenge begin…